What is the NemaTrident® C two pack formula?
For biological control of chafer grubs
NemaTrident® C contains a naturally occurring insect parasitic nematode (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) for control of Welsh chafer (Hoplia philanthus), Garden chafer (Phyllopertha horticola), Summer chafer (Amphimallon solstitialis), May beetle (Melolontha melolontha) and Brown chafer larvae (Serica brunnea)- should be applied with Transformer (soil conditioner contains Alcohol Ethoxylate 20% w/w) for better performance.
This new pest control product is safe, sustainable and provides from 90-100% kill rates to above listed insect pests down to 12ºC – making it the most effective and flexible product in the market.
What is secret behind the NemaTrident® C two pack formula?
The unique NemaTrident® C two pack formula ensures maximum dispersal of nematodes when applied with an optimum concentration of Transformer (soil conditioner containing 20% w/w Alcohol Ethoxylate) which improves the water holding capacity (moisture) of soil so that the nematodes work better. NemaTrident® C two pack formula protects turf sports, lawns and grass from chafers damage, ultimately improving plant health.
How the NemaTrident® C works
After application, NemaTrident® C actively search for insect larvae in soil or growing media (1). The nematodes enter the larvae via natural openings (mouth, spiracles, anus) and release symbiotic bacteria (2). The infected larvae die and a new generation of nematodes reproduce inside them (3). The new nematodes emerge from the dead larvae (4) ready to search and infect further larvae (1).
Using unique NemaTrident product from Bionema, customers benefit from powerful pest control without disrupting beneficial insects or causing any concern about insect resistance, residues, or worker safety.
The unique two pack formula ensures better performance.
How to apply the NemaTrident® C
The population of chafer grubs and a variety of other soil living pests is naturally controlled by nematodes. By applying NemaTrident® C, you are simply supplementing and encouraging the existing population to restore the natural pest: predator balance.
The product should be stored in a refrigerator at 5 -10°C and be used before the expiry date on the package. Do not freeze or expose to temperatures more than 35°C.
After application, the soil surface should be kept moist (not soaking) for about two weeks. It is important to appreciate that the nematodes are living and require a good environment to thrive.
For best results:
- Nematodes are susceptible to ultra-violet light and desiccation. Apply during early morning or late evening. Avoid application in bright sunlight.
- Apply at a time when you expect the soil or growing media temperature to be over 12°C for at least 3 – 6 hours per day.
- The entire nematode (pack 1) and soil conditioner (pack 2) should be used.
- Do not use a filter in the nozzles to avoid blockage.
- Make a concentrated solution by mixing the nematode and soil conditioner together in 1 litre of water in a bucket.
- Stir the concentrated solution until all lumps are dissolved.
- Add 1 litre of your concentrated solution to a watering can and top up with 9 litres of tap water.
- Rinse the pack since some nematodes often cling to the packaging.
- Apply the nematode solution with a watering can as described below or with the Nema-Sprayer (hose end feeders).
||Dissolve pack in
|50 Million + 50 ml Transformer
||100 sq. meters
||10 litres of water
||2 x 1 litre
Note: Add 1 litre of your concentrated solution to a watering can and top up with 9 litres of tap water.
|10 litres diluted solution in the watering can will treat 100 sq. meters.
Repeat the procedure until all the solution is used up.