Training course 3
The correct application of bioinsecticides is essential for effective and sustainable pest control
Our training courses cover the application of biopesticides in agriculture, horticulture (including turf & amenity) and forestry sectors, providing applied knowledge in the use of biological pesticides to maximise field effectiveness and provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
These courses are open to all and are of particular value to farmers, growers, technical manager and advisors.
Course 3: Application of beneficial biocontrol agents (Predators, parasitoids and mites)
For – Professional Growers
Develop – a complete understanding of beneficial insects as a biocontrol agents.
Apply – predators, parasitoids & mites through a practical integrated pest management system within your own environment.
This practical demonstration, laboratory and field-based course will provide you with an understanding of:
- The basics of predators, parasitoids and mites as biocontrol agents
- Mass rearing of predators and parasitoids.
- Product quality assessment (batch variation).
- Major crop pests and their natural enemies.
- Fecundity and survivability in natural condition.
- Product label and interpretation including handling, storage and transportation.
- Application of beneficial biocontrol agents against major crop pests in agriculture and horticulture
- Integration of beneficial biocontrol agents with other crop protection techniques.
Next course date:
Fri 8th December, 2017
Fri 26th January, 2018
Fri 23rd February, 2018
BASIS points: 12
NRoSO points: 4