Training course 2
The correct application of bioinsecticides is essential for effective and sustainable pest control
Our training courses cover the application of biopesticides in agriculture, horticulture (including turf & amenity) and forestry sectors, providing applied knowledge in the use of biological pesticides to maximise field effectiveness and provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points.
These courses are open to all and are of value to farmers, growers, technical manager and advisors.
Course 2: Application of biopesticides — Fungi, Bacteria
For – Professional Growers
Develop – a complete understanding of biopesticide products.
Apply – fungi and bacterial products through a practical integrated pest management system within your own environment.
This practical demonstration, laboratory and field-based course will provide you with an understanding of:
- Overview of biopesticide legislation
- Overview of biopesticides
- Introduction to microbial biopesticide
- Isolation and identification of microbial control agents.
- Mass production of biopesticide products.
- Quality assessment (batch variation).
- Identification of target insect pest species.
- Product label and interpretation including handling, storage, transportation of biopesticides.
- Application of biopesticides against major crops and pests in agriculture and horticulture.
- Integration of biopesticides with other crop protection techniques.
Next course date:
Thurs 7th December, 2017
Thurs 25th January, 2018
Thurs 22nd February, 2018
BASIS points: 12
NRoSO points: 4