What are biopesticides?
Biopesticides are the natural, environmentally-friendly alternative to chemical pesticides. They are created from highly virulent strains of naturally-occurring microorganisms found in plants, fungi, bacteria, and minerals.
What are the benefits of biopesticides?
- Very effective at controlling pests and diseases that attack plants and crops of all kinds
- Can be designed to only target specific pests so they do not harm other beneficial insects and wildlife
- Safe to human health and the environment
- Non-toxic to workers, users, consumers
- Residue free – for traditional and organic farming
- Pests do not develop resistance
- Zero harvesting intervals
- Easy to apply using conventional equipment spraying equipment
- Compatible with other control methods and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programmes.