Location: UK base
Industry: Turf Amenity/ Horticulture / Forestry /
Salary: Negotiable, plus commission; fully expensed company car, full home office and equipment, 28 days holiday + an additional benefits package!
Start Date: Immediate
Placed on: 10 January 2020
Closes: 9th February 2020
This exciting role will focus on selling our wide range of beneficial nematode or biopesticide products to, turf amenity, horticulture and forestry sectors.
Interaction with existing distributors will form part of the role as well as hosting and establishing in field efficacy demonstration trials and seminars. This involves closely working with the research and technical team at the Head Office. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to work individually, with excellent communication skills including the use of sales force. Previous experience of selling of biologicals/pesticides/plant protection products and understanding of how agronomists, distributors and farmers work would be an advantage as part of IPM. BASIS will also be required, and training in the use of biological products will be provided.
A key player in the development of biological products for turf amenity, Horticulture and forestry use.
- Ideally the candidate would have experience dealing with b2b, large cooperative, marketing companies, established distributors.
- Must have sold horticultural, forestry, turf and amenity products.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all organisational levels.
- Proven sales success.
- Build and establish market in UK/EU and other countries.
- Manage existing distributors and clients and grow Bionema’s market share in the “area”.
- Manage local distribution reps in line with Bionema’s overall strategy and direction.
- Implement campaigns in association with the Customer Marketing.
- Achieve agreed sales targets for the defined sales area by influencing all parts of the value chain.
- Feedback market intelligence and value chain information to relevant members of the Bionema team via Salesforce.
- Maintain good communication and networking across a multi-functional business.
- Actively contribute to the regional sales team and, where appropriate, campaign teams.
- Have a full technical knowledge and commercial perspective of Bionema and key competitors’ products.
- Operate within all legal and voluntary frameworks.
- Fully participate in interim and annual reviews in accordance with Bionema HR policy.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture/Agriculture/Biology or equivalent degree.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in sales/ technical sales for agrochemicals or plant protection products.
- BASIS qualified (or willing to qualify).
- Familiar with UK market environment.
- Techno-commercial understanding of UK crop protection and agriculture.
- Technical profile of Bionema and key competitor products.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, etc.
- Communicating with all levels within a business.
- Knowledge of business drivers within arable agriculture.
- Experience of establishing and maintaining successful business relationships.
- Experience of working in horticulture, forestry, Turf and amenity and understanding of crops and pest and diseases.
- Experience of working in and contributing to successful team working.
- Proven record of communicating across a wide target audience.
- Successful account management or business relationship.
TECHNICAL, PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL CAPABILITIES:
- Building and maintaining relationships.
- Team Working.
- Time Management.
- Presentation Skills.
- Rational persuasion & ability to influence.
- Critical information seeking.
- Concern for standards & professionalism.
- Adaptability in periods of change.
- Ability to absorb new information and utilise knowledge for business advantage.
Starting salary negotiable, company car, full benefits package and definite opportunities for long-term career progression.
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why you are interested and suitable for this job role.
Industry: Biopesticides, biocontrol, Agrochemicals
Download application form