Azotobacter Chroococcum BNL801
BioNFix™-AC is a biofertiliser based on the naturally occurring beneficial diastrophic bacterium, Azotobacter chroococcum BNL801. This gram- negative bacterium can fix up to 50 kg per ha of atmospheric Nitrogen. It can be used as seed dressing, soil inoculant and foliar application.
- BioNFix™-AC effectively fixes up to 50 Kg / ha Nitrogen. Natural nitrogen fixation improves both plant and soil health
and aids in soil remediation.
- BioNFix™-AC has plant growth promoting properties (PGPR).
- Populations of beneficial microbes increase, and the organic content of soil improves, owing to organic acid secretion
by the bacteria.
- BioNFix™-AC can be used as an effective component in Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) programmes, thereby
leading to a reduction in use of chemical fertilisers and creating a safer environment.
How does it work
Nitrogen cannot be absorbed by the plants alone, remaining to the strong triple bonds between the nitrogen atoms, making it inert and therefore not directly usable by plants. Azotobacter chroococcum converts molecular nitrogen into nitrogenous compounds that can be consumed by plants. A. chroococcum produces enzymes such as ferredoxin, hydrogenase and nitrogenase. Nitrogen fixation needs a large amount of energy in the form of Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) and an anaerobic environment (no oxygen). Thus, Azotobacter chroococcum develops a special defence mechanism against oxygen by intensifying its metabolism that reduces the oxygen concentration in its cells. A special protein sheath is present that protects the important nitrogenase enzyme. Homocitrate ions play some role in the processes of Biological Nitrogen Fixation (BNF).
Recommended for all crops.
1 kg, 5 kg, and 10 kg.
The major active ingredient of BioNFix™-AC is cysts of Azotobacter chroococcum BNL801.
- BioNfix®-AC can fix up to 50 kg/ha of Nitrogen, improving plant and soil health and aiding soil remediation.
- BioNfix®-AC has plant growth-promoting properties (PGPR).
- It can be used as a practical component in Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) programs.
- BioNfix®-AC can reduce the use of chemical fertilizers and create a safer environment.
- By using BioNfix®-AC, you can promote healthy crops while being mindful of the environment.
|Mix 1 g BioNfix®-AC with 10 g of sugar in sufficient water to make a slurry and coat 1 kg of seeds. Allow to dry in a cool shaded area before sowing. Note: Do not store treated/coated seeds for more than 24 hours.
|Mix 250 grams of BioNfix®-AC with compost or substrate and apply to one hectare of soil during the early growth stages of the crop.
|Dissolve 250 g in sufficient water to treat 1 ha and drench soil at the early growth stages of the crop.
|Perennial & Orchard crops
|Dissolve 250 g/ha in water and apply as a drench near the root zone twice a year – before spring growth begins and after autumn leaf fall.
|Dissolve 250 grams in enough water to treat 1 hectare. Filter out insoluble residues before adding them to the drip tank.