Azospirillum Lipoferum BNL714
BioNFix™-AL is a biofertiliser based on a selected strain of the naturally occurring beneficial bacterium Azospirillum lipoferum BNL714. A. lipoferum is a gram-negative bacterium that can fix up to 50 kg/ha of atmospheric nitrogen. This product can used as seed dressing and soil inoculant. A. lipoferum can establish an associative symbiosis with cereals. A. lipoferum benefits the plant directly by nitrogen fixation, as well as through the synthesis of phytohormones.
- BioNFix™-AL effectively fixes up to 50 kg per ha Nitrogen from
atmosphere. Natural nitrogen fixation improves both plant and soil
health, and aids in soil remediation.
- BioNFix™-AL has plant growth promoting properties (PGPR).
- The population of beneficial microbes increases and the organic
content of soil improves owing to organic acid secretion by the
- BioNFix™-AL can be used as an effective component in Integrated
Nutrient Management (INM) programmes, thereby leading to a
reduction in use of chemical fertilisers and creating a safer
How does it work
Nitrogen cannot be absorbed by plants alone, due to the strong triple bonds between the nitrogen atoms making it inert and therefore not directly usable by plants. Azospirillum lipoferum converts molecular nitrogen into nitrogenous compounds that can be consumed by plants. Nitrogen fixation was the first mechanism proposed to explain improved plant growth following inoculation with Azospirillum lipoferum. This was mainly because of an increase in the number of nitrogenous compounds and the nitrogenase activity in inoculated plants. Nitrite, either added directly or excreted by Azospirillum lipoferum in nitrate respiration, similarly causes a sharp increase in the formation of lateral roots.
Recommended for all crops.
1 kg, 5 kg, and 10 kg.
The major active ingredient of Nfix™-AL is vegetative cells of Azospirillum lipoferum BNL714.
- BioNfix®-AC can fix up to 50 kg/ha of Nitrogen, improving plant and soil health and aiding soil remediation.
- BioNfix®-AC has plant growth-promoting properties (PGPR).
- It can be used as a practical component in Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) programs.
- BioNfix®-AC can reduce the use of chemical fertilizers and create a safer environment.
- By using BioNfix®-AC, you can promote healthy crops while being mindful of the environment.
|Mix 1 g BioNfix®-AC with 10 g of sugar in sufficient water to make a slurry and coat 1 kg of seeds. Allow to dry in a cool shaded area before sowing. Note: Do not store treated/coated seeds for more than 24 hours.
|Mix 250 grams of BioNfix®-AC with compost or substrate and apply to one hectare of soil during the early growth stages of the crop.
|Dissolve 250 g in sufficient water to treat 1 ha and drench soil at the early growth stages of the crop.
|Perennial & Orchard crops
|Dissolve 250 g/ha in water and apply as a drench near the root zone twice a year – before spring growth begins and after autumn leaf fall.
|Dissolve 250 grams in enough water to treat 1 hectare. Filter out insoluble residues before adding them to the drip tank.