Bionema conducts the highest quality efficacy trials, selectivity, phytotoxicity, adverse effects on non-target arthropods and demonstration trials using a wide range of environmental conditions and crops to support product registration
Facilities are accredited under the UK Chemicals Regulation Directorate’s (CRD) ORETO scheme in compliance with Regulation (EC) 1107/2009. Efficacy testing under a wide range of environmental conditions using high-tech equipment and procedures.
Research trial across the UK, EU and Asia provide controlled and open environment conditions for agronomists specialising in bespoke design, implementation and analysis with expertise in:
Bionema provides developers and manufacturers of biopesticide products with the highest quality efficacy testing to support their product claims.
Efficacy testing is carried out under a wide range of environmental conditions and includes soil and foliar, applications using advanced high-tech equipment and procedures including:
- Novel screening tests
- BugDorm insect cage testing
- Repellent/attractant bioassays
- Non-target testing
Bionema’s research trial sites across the UK, EU and Asia provide controlled and open environment conditions for Efficacy Testing in the bespoke design, implementation and analysis of a wide range of crop protection experimental trials for developers and manufacturers of biopesticide products.
Testing and verification includes microbial – fungi, bacteria, viruses, and microsporidia, biological control agents – nematodes, predators and parasitoids, extracts of plants and other organisms, and behaviour modifying chemicals – semiochemicals, such as pheromones.
Bionema’s expertise includes:
- Agricultural/horticultural pests– thrips, aphids, whitefly, spider mites, caterpillars, leafminers, leafhoppers, vine weevils, weevils, fungus gnats or sciarid flies, cabbage root flies and slugs.
- Forestry pests– large pine weevil, citrus longhorn beetle, gypsy moth and six-toothed bark beetle.
- Turf amenity pests– chafer grubs, cutworms, leatherjackets and wireworms.
- Insect vector–including mosquitoes, biting flies and ticks.
- Non-target organisms – insect pollinators, predators and parasitoids.
- Attractants and repellents– the complete range of insect species.
- Plant-parasitic nematodes – potato cyst nematodes, root-knot, bulb and root lesion.
Bionema is already providing specialist laboratory, glasshouse and field trials services, with more being developed, including:
- Mode of action
- Product quality assessment
Field screens including microplots
- Rate and formulation comparisons
- Biological control agents, insecticides and fungicides
- Glasshouse and field crops
- Spray and granule application
Phytotoxicity testing service evaluates pesticide and biopesticide products for adverse effects on target crops. Trials are conducted in laboratory, glasshouse and field conditions, identifying development and growth effects, deformations, effects on quantity and quality of yield, etc. Studies are conducted to GEP according to EPPO guidelines PP1/135, or can follow any other procedures depending on individual requirements.