Pest problems and opportunities
The biopesticide market is growing at a rate 3.5 times faster than the conventional pesticide market, as the demand for residue-free food increases.
- Pests and diseases are causing £363 billion in global crop damage each year
- Currently £65 billion of chemical pesticides are used on an annual basis
- More toxic chemical pesticides are being banned due to their impact on human health and the environment
- The time and money it takes to bring new, conventional chemical products to market is increasing to an average of 10-12 years – costing around £300 million
- The cost of bringing biopesticides to market are significantly lower – at around £25 million in five to six years.
Significant market potential
There is a high demand for products that can fill the gap in the market caused by the removal of harmful pesticides – based on the need for ease of use, efficacy, safety, low cost and reliability.
The global biopesticides market is estimated to be valued at US$4.3 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 14.7% to reach US$8.5 billion by 2025
Unispore formulation technology has a wider host range and applicability.
- IP protected technology
- Provides 20-30% higher efficacy than existing products on the market
- Technology produces 2.5 x higher production than existing products, reducing costs for end users
- Non toxic to workers, users and consumers
- Residue free
- No insect resistance issue
- Safer environmental footprint
Product sales continue to increase in the UK and Europe – together with increased expansion into new international markets.
- Nematrident range is well established within the UK and EU markets
- UniSpore formulation technology is in the commercial product pipeline
- Unispore G dossier has been submitted to the CTGB for EU Registration
- Product applications on key crops are increasing with further approvals and label extensions
- Confirmed commercial and collaborative relationships with strong industry partners.
Building on a core team of professional experts, armed with significant technical, commercial and business experience
- Strong Board and management team
- Team has a unique combination of expertise from the academic, commercial and technical sectors and are committed to delivering the highest standards of service
- Globally renowned biopesticide industry expert and developer of market-leading pest control solutions
- Dr Owen Jones – former Global Strategy at Suterra LLC and President of IBMA Global – appointed as Board Advisor
Trajectory of financial growth
- Established sales and market strategy for growth through distribution
- Significant investment by key partners and grant funding awarding bodies
- Technology-based business with international licensing potential