Marketing and Event Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract type: Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed On: Immediately
We are currently looking to hire an experience Marketing and Events Manager on a full-time contract until July 2019 with possible extension to 12 months. The post will commence immediately. This role is located Bionema office, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea.
Bionema Limited and Swansea University are to host the inaugural Biopesticide Summit and exhibition in Swansea University, United Kingdom on 2-3 July 2019 to address the pressing need to develop alternatives to chemical crop protection.
The Biopesticide Summit 2019 will focus on developing and introducing innovative and alternative biocontrol solutions that will help protect our food chain in a controlled but timely manner.
The Global biopesticides market is increasing and was worth approximately $3.36 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach $8.82 billion by 2022, at an annual growth rate of 17.4%.
Despite significant growth in the biocontrol industry, major limitations with current biopesticide solutions are rarely discussed. There is an urgent need to develop novel products and application technologies to not only “fill the gaps” in the market due to pesticide removal but also to anticipate future requirements as pests and diseases are developing resistance to currently used chemical products. In additional, there is increasing consumer led retailer demand for growers to eradicate the use of chemical pesticides in crop production and to grow fruit and vegetables with reduced detectable residues.
The ideal candidate should have relevant experience and will work alongside the existing team, as well as getting involved in other company marketing activities.
Responsibilities include – but not restricted to:
- Assisting in securing new areas for business development and sales.
- Assisting on investor communications such as emails, newsletter and press releases.
- Assisting with content and overseeing formatting and distribution.
- Independent project management. This role involves self-managing, decision making and providing advice and budgeted solutions on marketing plans and strategies.
- Increase brand awareness, sales and ultimately profitability by the effective use of marketing and related sales strategies.
- Lead marketing and PR activities within the business.
- Maintain social media presence for the partnership.
- Working with the CRM system, sending out investor communications.
- Creating, developing and managing presentations Attend industry events and promote the corporate image of the business.
- Maintaining Company brand guidelines.
- Dealing with external suppliers for website, copywriting, video production and other marketing projects.
- Content research and development for website.
- Meeting clients and coordinating all details relating to their event.
- Pro-actively managing events diary.
- Update and improve Company and event websites and promotional material.
- Design, copy writing and image sourcing.
- Search engine optimisation.
- Establish and develop online marketing activity focussing on using social media tools and paid or free advertising.
- Design and distribution of Company newsletter.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people in a professional manner (written and verbally).
- Excellent IT skills and able to use IT systems to manage the delivery and efficiency of events, especially with MS Office suite.
- Any other general administration duties assigned.
- More than 10 years’ experience in marketing and event organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML, design and email software.
- Experience working with budgets and forecasting.
How to apply
Please submit your up to date CV, application form & covering letter to email@example.com detailing why you’d be perfect for the role.
Applications without relevant experience, skills, or qualifications will not be sort listed for the interview.