What is the NemaTrident® H two pack formula?
NemaTrident® H contents a naturally occurring insect parasitic nematode (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) for biological control of black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus) larvae- should be applied with Transformer (soil conditioner contains Alcohol Ethoxylate 20% w/w) for better performance.
This new pest control product is safe, sustainable and provides from 90-100% kill rates for vine weevil control down to 12ºC – making it the most effective and flexible product in the market.
What is secret behind the NemaTrident® H two pack formula?
The unique NemaTrident® H two pack formula ensures maximum dispersal of nematodes when applied with an optimum concentration of Transformer (soil conditioner containing 20% w/w Alcohol Ethoxylate) which improves the water holding capacity (moisture) of soil/growing media so that the nematodes work better. NemaTrident® H two pack formula protects plants such as bulbs, flowers, hardy nursery stocks, vegetables and lawns in garden from vine weevil damage in spring and winter, ultimately improving plant growth.
How the NemaTrident® H works
- NemaTrident®H actively search insect larvae in soil and growing media.
- The infective juvenile penetrate the larvae and release deadly symbiotic bacteria.
- The infected larvae die and a new generation of infective juvenile develop inside
- New infective juveniles emerge from the dead larvae and go in search of other larvae to infect.
Using unique NemaTrident product from Bionema, customers benefit from powerful pest control without disrupting beneficial insects or causing any concern about insect resistance, residues, or worker safety.
The unique two pack formula ensures better performance.
How to apply the NemaTrident® H
The population of vine weevils and a variety of other soil living pests is naturally controlled by nematodes. By applying NemaTrident® H, you are simply supplementing and encouraging the existing population to restore the natural pest: predator balance.
NemaTrident®H should be stored in a refrigerator at 5 -10°C. Both NemaTrident®H and TRANSFORMER should not be exposed to temperatures lower than 0°C and more than 30°C. Use before the expiry date.
After application, the soil surface should be kept moist for approximately two weeks. It is important to understand that nematodes are living creatures and require a good environment in order to thrive.
For best results:
- Nematodes are susceptible to ultra-violet light and desiccation. Apply during early morning or late evening. Avoid application in bright sunlight.
- Apply when you expect the soil or growing media temperature to be over 12°C for at least 3 – 6 hours per day.
- The entire two pack mixture should be used together.
- All filters should be removed to avoid blockages.
- Avoid excessive irrigation just after treatment.
- Add the pack of nematodes and the TRANSFORMER together in a bucket with 5-10 litres of water to make a concentrated solution according to the table below.
- After emptying, rinse the pack as the nematodes often cling to the packaging.
- Stir the concentrated solution until all lumps are dissolved. Repeat stirring every 15 minutes to prevent the nematodes settling at the bottom of the bucket.
- Take 1 litre of your concentrated solution and add it to a watering can and top up with either 4 or 9 litres (dependent on nematode pack size) of clean water.
- Apply the nematode solution immediately with a watering can or with the Nema-Sprayer (hose end feeders).
- Following application apply additional water to wash the solution into the soil for best results.
|Pack size||Treats||Dissolve pack in||Nema-Sprayer|
|25 Million + 50 ml Transformer||50 sq. meters||5 litres of water||1 litre|
|50 Million + 50 ml Transformer||100 sq. meters||10 litres of water||2 x 1 litre|
Note: Add 1 litre of your concentrated solution to a watering can and top up with 4 or 9 litres of tap water dependent on pack size.
|5 litres diluted solution in a watering can treat 5m2. 10 litres diluted solution in a watering can treat 10m2.|
Repeat the procedure until all the concentrated solution is used up.
Note: Additional water may be used if desired to achieve good distribution over the treated area.