Product Manager – Biological Crop Protection
Location : Swansea
Salary : Excellent + Benefits
Hours : Full Time
Contract : Fixed-Term/Contract
Placed on : 25 July 2022
Closes : 25 August 2020
Company is seeking a talented and dedicated Product Manager to join the BioAg team, part of the biopesticide division of Bionema Global. We invent and manufacture biopesticides/ Biocontrol products to protect crops from pest and disease, reducing the use of synthetic pesticides, enhancing food security, and increasing crop yields in agriculture, horticulture, forestry and turf and amenity sectors. The company focuses to develop and bring innovative formulations, effective and profitable biopesticide technology to meet current and future market demands.
You will drive the success of a range of new B2B products and services, meeting clients and market participants, understanding global trends of biopesticide to identify and deliver high growth opportunities. Working with the R&D, operational team, collaborating with existing and new organisations, product strategy, business plans, product roadmaps, user personas, market requirements and use scenarios that lead to growth in a new market segment.
- Full product lifecycle management of a growth portfolio of information services for the Biological/ Biopesticide Crop protection industry
- Own product initiatives from ideation to business case, from build to launch and commercial success.
- Join an established team of product managers who value learning, creativity, passion and sharing best practice.
- Develop and maintain the product strategy with a deep understanding of biopesticides market trends, needs of prospective and current customers, as well as how customers use the current products and competitor products.
- Translate market knowledge into user personas and product positioning statements which serve a s the blueprint for both plans to improve go-to-market activities and a major input into the product roadmap.
- Develop clear and compelling roadmaps and help support proposed strategies for new products and product extensions.
- Provide thought leadership around the product set and assist with product promotion and positioning in the marketplace.
- Strategic planning of new bio-based products, also in relation with the EU, UK, US, Canada, NZ, Asia regulatory requirements.
- Work with our existing academic and industry partners.
- Regular contact with Bionema’s distributors and influencers
- Ensure robust efficacy trials and data analysis of internal and external projects.
What qualifications and experience we are looking for:
- Master/PhD degree in Bioscience/ Biology /Agriculture or equivalent with a strong passion in Agribusiness.
- Proven experience in marketing – product management and development.
- 5+ years’ experience in product management in the B2B information services industry or BioAg/ crop protection industry, with strong business expertise and analytical skills.
- Experience working with developers, marketers, senior leadership to achieve outcomes in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization internally and externally.
- Planning & execution of go to market actions with multitasking and organisational skills.
- Proactive and dynamic, with a “go for it” aptitude.
- Assertive, flexible and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Training, coaching and team development skills
Biopesticide Formulation, Product Development, Rute to Market, Product Road Map, Bio efficacy, Field trials, Project Planning, Product testing, Pest control, Regulatory requirement, Product management, Data recording, Data analysis, Report writing, GEP /EPPO guidelines, Technical, Commercial argumentation, Marketing, Benchmarking, agriculture, horticulture, forestry.
Bionema will offer
- Competitive base salary + Performance Bonus + Vehicle + Fuel Card.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Company car + fuel card + laptop + phone.
- Excellent career development, on the job training.
- Employer contribution, salary sacrifice pension scheme.
- Lump sum of x3 basic salary death in service.
Please note this is a home/field-based role and will require UK wide travel. Overseas travel will be required from time to time
- Normal hours of work are 40.0 hours per week.
- A flexible approach to work is needed as there will be a requirement to work overtime (evenings and weekends) during busy periods.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV, completed Application Form and Covering Letter, and identifying how you meet the job criteria to email@example.com no later than Friday at 12:00 each week for review.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
Informal enquiries should be emailed to Dr Minshad A. Ansari firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates not demonstrating their ability to meet the essential criteria will not be assessed for an interview.