NemaTrident® products are part of Bionema’s Tri-Component solution that incorporate a range of highly virulent, insect-parasitic nematodes within the heterorhabditis and steinernema genera. These nematodes attack and destroy the larvae of the insect pest thus preventing future pests from developing. They are safe, non-toxic to users and consumers, decompose naturally and can be targeted at specific pests to avoid harming beneficial insects.
These safe, sustainable products provide 70-100% kill rates
At Bionema, we work with nature by identifying and developing biopesticide products that target specific insect pests in agriculture, horticulture, amenity/sports turf, forestry and landscapes/gardens.
Bionema’s Tri-Component solution is up to 20-30% more effective than any other nematode product in the market.
In order to optimise the effectiveness of these nematodes we have incorporated them into the Bionema Tri-Component solution which consists of:
- The NemaTrident® specially developed, highly virulent strain of beneficial nematodes
- The Nemaspreader® biocompatible wetting agent that helps Bionema’s beneficial nematodes to spread and thrive
- Specialist customer-focused training and advice on how to optimise the effectiveness of the nematodes.
NemaTrident® can be applied to soil, plant growing media or foliage. The nematodes we use will seek out and kill the larval stage of a target insect:
- Following application, nematodes actively search for insect larvae and penetrate via natural openings.
- Once inside, these nematodes infect the insect larvae by releasing a deadly bacterium which quickly kill the larvae.
- The nematodes then feed off and reproduce inside the dead insect
- A new generation of nematodes will emerge from the dead insect larvae and search to infect further larvae, repeating the cycle.
Our unique NemaTrident® Tri-Component solution will offer powerful pest control without disturbing beneficial insects. Nematodes are completely safe, ensuring common concerns for insecticide use including the development of insect resistance, leaving harmful residues and worker safety are not a problem.
- Environmentally friendly
- Safe to crops, users and the environment
- Easy to apply
- Control always achieved when target pest larvae are active
- Pests don’t develop resistance
- Leaves no harmful residue
- Fast and effective natural control between 8-30oC.
- Compliant with pesticide legislationFast delivery as required.