For biological control of chafer grubs in amenity/sports turf and landscaped areas
NemaTrident®C is a highly effective insect pest control for a range of problematic chafer grubs including the most common chafer grub pest, hoplia philanthus, targeting grubs and pupae which feed on grass roots.
Used as part of our unique Tri-Component System, NemaTrident®C provides 60-90% kill rate – making it the most effective and flexible product during spring and autumn.
NemaTrident®C contains the entomopathogenic nematodes (EPN)(heterorhabditis bacteriophora). EPNs exhibit highly virulent traits that ensure fast and effective control of their target pest. We have identified the most effective nematode that targets a range of chafer grubs to provide you with the best control.
NemaTrident®C application alongside Nemaspreader® – our biocompatible wetting agent – will help facilitate nematode dispersal through the soil to effectively find and kill the chafer grubs.
Our specialist advice offers key guidance on how to store the nematodes, effective application methods to get the nematode alive and kicking to your target pest and when best to apply the nematodes at the most vulnerable stage of the pest lifecycle.
This product can also be effective against the following pests:
- Garden chafers (phyllopertha horticola)
- Summer chafers (amphimallon solstitialis)
- Cockchafers/maybug (melolontha melolontha)
- Brown chafers (serica brunnea)
Available in different sizes for all treatment areas:
- 50 million (100sqm)
- 250 million (500sqm)
- 500 million (1000sqm)
Once the nematodes have been applied into the soil, they start to kill the target larvae following a natural four-stage process:
- Nematodes actively search for the insect larvae and penetrate via natural openings
- Once inside, they infect the larvae by releasing a deadly bacterium which quickly multiply and kill the larvae
- Next, the nematodes feed and reproduce inside the dead insect larvae. Populations can reach up to 100,000 over a few days
- Finally, a new generation will emerge from the dead larvae and search for a new insect larva – repeating the cycle.
Over time, populations of these beneficial nematodes will build up in the soil offering a natural protection.
We have optimised this process by developing a unique Tri-Component Solution which is 20-30% more effective than other nematode products in the market:
- NemaTrident®C specially developed, highly virulent strain of beneficial nematodes
- Nemaspreader® biocompatible wetting agent which helps the nematodes disperse in the soil reaching their targe.
- Specialist customer-focused training and advice on how to optimise the effectiveness of the nematodes.
- Do it direct Apply directly to the soil or growing media. If applied over foliage, irrigate to wash the nematodes into the soil
- Time it right Apply the nematodes when the target chafer grubs are at their most vulnerable; please contact us if you are unsure
- Check the weather Apply when soil temperatures are above 12 oC for at least three to six hours per day, for the following two weeks.
- Keep your cool Store nematodes at 5-10 oC up until use. Use within eight to 10 weeks of arrival
- Nice and moist Irrigate the soil or growing media before the nematodes are applied
- Mix it up Nematodes should be applied with at least 500-1000 litres of water/ha alongside Nemaspreader®
- Do the splits Our recommended split-application approach – two applications one week apart – will reduce the amount of nematodes needed, while achieving greater results.
- Product instructions
- Safety data sheet
- Case study – The Grove Golf Club
- Cost-effective control for high efficacy
- Increased profit from greater grub control
- Safe and environmentally-friendly approach to pest control