For biological control of a range of insect pests in horticulture
NemaTrident®F is a highly effective insect pest control for a number of common pests in horticulture including western flower thrips (frankliniella occidentalis) and leafminers (chromatomyia syngenesiae, phytomyza vitalbae) in greenhouses and tunnels.
Used as part of our unique Tri-Component System, NemaTrident®F provides 60-80% kill rate when applied with Nemaspreader® when air temperature is above 8oC.
NemaTrident®F contains the entomopathogenic nematodes (EPN) (steinernema feltiae). EPNs exhibit highly virulent traits, which ensure fast and effective control of their target pest. We have identified the most effective nematodes that targets a range of common horticultural pests to provide you with the best control.
NemaTrident®F application alongside Nemaspreader® – our biocompatible wetting agent – will help facilitate nematode dispersal through the soil or growing media, to effectively find and kill the target larvae.
Our specialist advice offers key guidance on how to store the nematodes, suggests effective application methods to get the nematode direct to your target pest and advice on when best to apply the nematodes at the most vulnerable stage of the pest lifecycle.
This product can also be effective against the following pests:
- Tomato leafminer (tuta absoluta)
- Apple clearwing moth (synanthedon myopaeformis)
- Asparagus beetle (crioceris)
- Codling moth (cydia pomonella)
- Oriental fruit moth (grapholita molesta)
- Plum fruit moth (grapholita funebrana)
- Oak processionary moth (thaumetopoea processionea)
Available in (Treatment Area):
- 50 Million (100sqm)
- 250 Million (500sqm)
- 500 Million (1000sqm)
Once the nematodes have been applied into the soil, they start to kill the target larvae following a natural four-stage process:
- Nematodes actively search for the insect larvae and penetrate via natural openings
- Once inside, they infect the larvae by releasing a deadly bacterium which quickly multiply and kill the larvae
- Next, the nematodes feed and reproduce inside the dead insect larvae. Populations can reach up to 100,000 over a few days
- Finally, a new generation will emerge from the dead larvae and search for a new insect larvae – repeating the cycle.
Over time, populations of these beneficial nematodes will build up in the soil offering a natural protection.
We have optimised this process by developing a unique Tri-Component Solution which is 20-30% more effective than other nematode products in the market:
- NemaTrident®F specially developed, highly virulent strain of beneficial nematodes
- Nemaspreader® biocompatible wetting agent which helps the nematodes disperse in the soil reaching their target.
- Specialist customer-focused training and advice for our customers on how to optimise the effectiveness of the nematodes.
- Do it direct Apply directly to the soil or growing media. For foliar application, wet foliage and apply in the evening
- Time it right Apply the nematodes when the target pest are at their most vulnerable; please contact us if you are unsure
- Check the weather Apply when soil temperatures are above 8 oC for at least three to six hours per day, for the following two weeks.
- Keep it cool Store nematodes at 5-10 oC up until use. Use within eight to 10 weeks of arrival
- Keep it moist Irrigate the soil or growing media before the nematodes are applied
- Mix it up Nematodes should be applied with at least 500-1000 litres of water/ha alongside Nemaspreader®
- Do the splits Our recommended split-application approach – two applications one week apart – will reduce the amount of nematodes needed, while achieving greater results.
- Product instructions
- Safety data sheet
- Cost-effective control for high efficacy
- Increased profit from reduced pest damage
- Safe and environmentally-friendly approach to pest control