For biological control of black vine weevils in horticulture
NemaTrident®H is a highly effective vine weevil control (otiorhynchus sulcatus) that uses naturally-occurring nematodes to target black vine weevil larvae and pupae.
Used as part of our unique Tri-Component System, NemaTrident®H provides a 70-95% kill rate – offering 20-30% greater control than any other nematode product on the market.
NemaTrident®H contains the insect entomopathogenic parasitic nematode (EPN) (heterorhabditis bacteriophora). EPN’s exhibit highly virulent traits, which ensure fast and effective control of their target pest. We have identified the most effective nematode to kill vine weevil larvae to provide you with the best control.
Nematrident H applied with NemaSpreader – a biocompatible wetting agent, helps facilitate nematode dispersal through the soil.
Our specialist advice offers key guidance on how to store the nematodes, offers effective application methods to get the nematodes direct to your target pest and advises on the when best to apply the nematodes at the most vulnerable stage of the pest lifecycle.
This product can also be effective against the following pests:
- Citrus root borer (diaprepes abbreviates)
- Cranberry rootworm (rhabdopterus picipes)
- Hazelnut borer (curculio nucum)
- Western corn rootworm (diabrotica virgifera)
Available in pack sizes to suit all treatment areas:
- 50 million ( 100sqm)
- 250 million (500sqm)
- 500 million (1000sqm)
Once the nematodes have been applied into the soil, they start to kill the target larvae following a natural 4-stage process:
- Nematodes actively search for the insect larvae and penetrate via natural openings.
- Once inside, they infect the larvae by releasing a deadly bacterium which quickly multiplies and kill the larvae.
- Next, the nematodes feed and reproduce inside the dead insect larvae. Populations can reach up to 100,000 over a few days!
- Finally, a new generation will emerge from the dead larvae and search for a new insect larva – repeating the cycle.
Over time, populations of these beneficial nematodes will build up in the soil offering natural protection.
We have optimised this process by developing a unique Tri-Component Solution which is 20-30% more effective than other nematode products in the market:
- NemaTrident®H specially developed, highly virulent strain of beneficial nematodes
- Nemaspreader®, a biocompatible wetting agent which helps the nematodes disperse in the soil reaching their target.
- Specialist Training and Advice for our customers on how to optimise the effectiveness of the nematodes.
- Do it direct Apply directly to the soil or growing media. If applied over foliage, irrigate to wash the nematodes into the soil
- Time it right Apply the nematodes when the vine weevils are at their most vulnerable; March to mid-May (Spring), August to mid-October (Autumn)
- Check the weather Apply when soil temperatures are above 12 oC for at least three to six hours per day, for the following two weeks
- Keep your cool Store nematodes at 5-10 oC up until use. Use within 8-10 weeks of arrival
- Nice and moist Irrigate the soil or growing media before the nematodes are applied
- Mix it up Nematodes should be applied with at least 500-1000 litres of water/ha alongside Nemaspreader®
- Do the splits Our recommended split-application approach – two applications one week apart – will reduce the amount of nematodes needed, while achieving greater results
No case studies available at present.
- Cost-effective control for higher efficacy
- Increased profit from greater vine weevil control
- Safe and environmentally-friendly approach to pest control