For biological control of a range of tree pests
NemaTrident®T is a highly effective insect pest control for a range of tree pests, from caterpillars to beetles, which cause damage to tree growth and fruit crops.
Used as part of our unique Tri-Component System, NemaTrident®T provides 70-90% kill rate of pest larvae, pupae and caterpillars.
NemaTrident®T contains the entomopathogenic nematodes (EPN). EPN’s exhibit highly virulent traits which ensure fast and effective control of their target pest. We have identified the most effective nematode that targets a range of tree pests to provide you with the best control.
NemaTrident®T application alongside Nemaspreader®–our biocompatible wetting agent–will help facilitate nematode dispersal on foliage and in bark, increasing the chance of contact with the target pest. Our specialist advice offers key guidance on how to store the nematodes, suggests effective application methods to get the nematode direct to your target pest and advice on when best to apply the nematodes at the most vulnerable stage of the pest lifecycle.
This product can also be effective against the following pests:
- Large pine weevil (hylobius abietis)
- Citrus longhorn beetle (anoplophora chinensis)
- Spruce bark beetle (ips typographus)
- Banana moth (opogona sacchari)
- Chestnut moth (cydia splendana)
- Cranberry girdler (chrysoteuchia topiaria)
- European pepper moth (duponchelia fovealis)
- Flat headed root borer (capnodis tenebrionis)
- Leopard moth (zeuzera pyrina)
- Palm moth (paysandisia archon)
- Red palm weevil (rhynchophorus ferrugineus)
- Cutworm (agrotisspp.)
- Woodlouse (porcellio saber)
Available in for different treatement areas:
- 50 million (100sqm)
- 250 million (500sqm)
- 500 million (1000sqm)
Once the nematodes have been applied into the soil, they start to kill the target larvae following a natural 4-stage process:
- Nematodes actively search for the insect larvae and penetrate via natural openings.
- Once inside, they infect the larvae by releasing a deadly bacterium which quickly multiply and kill the larvae.
- Next, the nematodes feed and reproduce inside the dead insect larvae. Populations can reach up to 100,000 over a few days!
- Finally, a new generation will emerge from the dead larvae and search for a new insect larva – repeating the cycle.
Over time, populations of these beneficial nematodes will build up in the soil offering a natural protection.
We have optimised this process by developing a unique Tri-Component Solution which is 20-30% more effective than other nematode products in the market:
- NemaTrident®S specially developed, highly virulent strain of beneficial nematodes
- Nemaspreader®, a biocompatible wetting agent which helps the nematodes disperse in the soil reaching their target.
- Specialist Training and Advice for our customers on how to optimise the effectiveness of the nematodes.
Do it direct Apply directly to soil, bark or foliage where appropriate. Ensure target substrate has been wetted before application
Time it right Apply the nematodes when the target pests are at their most vulnerable; please contact us if you are unsure
Check the weather Apply when soil temperatures are above14oC for at least three to six hours per day, for the following two weeks
Keep it cool Store nematodes at 5-10oC up until use. Use within 8-10 weeks of arrival
Keep it moist Irrigate the soil or growing media before the nematodes are applied
Mix it up Nematodes should be applied with at least 500-1000 litres of water/ha alongside Nemaspreader®
Do the splits Our recommended split-application approach–two applications one week apart–will reduce the number of nematodes needed, while achieving greater results.
- Cost-effective control for high efficacy
- Increased profit from widespread control
- Safe and environmentally-friendly approach to pest control