Biopesticides are the natural, environmentally friendly alternative to toxic chemical pesticides. They are created from highly virulent strains of naturally occurring microorganisms found in plants, fungi, bacteria and minerals.
Here at Bionema we have over 30 years of combined experience in the development of biopesticides and IPM strategies in agricultural, horticultural, turf amenity and forestry sectors. We have unrivalled specialist expertise in:
- Microbial control agents (fungi and bacteria).
- Biocontrol agents (entomopathogenic nematodes, predators, parasitoids and mites).
- Semio-chemicals (pheromones).
- Botanicals (plant derived compounds).
Our aim is to use our expertise, high quality facilities and propriety techniques to help you develop and commercialise your biopesticide products. To achieve this, we offer a tailored support package that is made up of one or more of the following:
- Research, development and commercialisation.
- Efficacy testing (Good Experimental Practice), in glasshouse and field trials.
- Quality testing for biopesticide products.
- Consultancy including biopesticide training and advice.
Whether you are looking to conduct research on biopesticides, quality test a product you already have, or need help with commercialising your existing biopesticide products, here are seven reasons why you should choose Bionema to support you:
- We will use our expertise to develop tailored biopesticide products to meet your specific needs. Dr Minshad Ali Ansari and his team have over 30 years of combined experience in the development and testing of natural, microbial control agents for crop pest control.
- We view those we work with as partners, aiming to support you in creating an excellent product and helping you grow your business.
- Our state-of-the-art GEP facilities are accredited under the UK Chemicals Regulation Directorate’s (CRD) ORETO scheme in compliance with Regulation (EC) 1107/2009.
- We conduct the highest quality efficacy trials including selectivity, phytotoxicity and adverse effects on non-target arthropods as well as demonstration trials using a wide range of environmental conditions and crops to support product registration.
- Our quality control tests are carried out by an independent GEP facility to strict protocols created by biological experts for our unique Seal of Approval which guarantees quality for users.
- We can increase the efficiency of biopesticide application and guarantee product quality. For example, through our subculturing method, we can quickly eliminate natural agents that are unstable, less virulent and produce fewer spores. Using these techniques, we can screen more than 500 natural microorganisms.
We can train the trainers/users of biopesticide products in order to help them optimise the efficacy of the biopesticide product as well as how to integrate with other pest management products as part of their Integrated Crop Management strategy. This training is LANTRA accredited.