Biological solutions for insect pests in horticulture
For every crop that grows, there are plenty of potential problems that may prevent it from being healthy. Across the world, professional growers have to contend with up to 10,000 species of insects, 3,000 types of nematodes, and over 50,000 plant diseases.
Bionema is developing natural solutions from micro-organisms (fungi, bacteria and nematodes) to help farmers grow healthy, organic crops as part of an integrated pest management programme.
Bionema helps growers control a variety of insect pests including:
- Large pine weevil (hyloius abietis)
- Citrus longhorn (anoplophora chinensis)
- Spruce bark beetle (ips typographus)
Bionema’s technology can target a wide range of pests – so we can’t list them all. If you can’t see your pest on the list, please contact us and we can check for you.
- Safe and eco-friendly approach
- 20-30% higher control than similar products
- Reduced crop damage
- Increased crop yield
- Pest and disease resistance