Bionat™, a bioinsecticide technology, is our core unique biopesticides technology, inspired by fungal strains found in nature.
Bionema’s product foundation is clearly focused on the development of naturally-occurring microorganisms for the control of insect pests and diseases.
Bionema’s technology, known as Bionat™ is based on naturally-occurring, environmentally-friendly microorganisms (insect killing fungus) originated from nature and developed for the control of insect pests affecting the agriculture, horticulture, turf amenity and forestry sectors.
- Bionat™ is a natural insect-killing fungus isolated from dead wireworm insects
- Bionema owns the patents behind Bionat™ and the formulation technology
- Bionat™ provides a wide range of solutions to support the agricultural needs of growers by providing an alternative to chemical pesticides, which promote food safety, human health and the protection of the environment.
- Our technology does not use any chemicals that are harmful to the environment and it has no harmful effects on beneficial insect species
- Our fungi are obligate parasitic, which means they will not harm other beneficial insects – unlike some other methods of control
- Non-toxic to workers, users and consumers, making them safe for use in any environment
- Fungi can be mass produced on artificial media for field application
- Can be applied in isolation or as part of an Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Residue free
- No insect resistance issue
- Safer environmental footprint.