Classroom Training: Module 2
Application of biopesticides –fungi, bacteria, and viruses
For – Professional Growers
Develop – a complete understanding of biopesticide products.
Apply – fungi and bacterial products through a practical integrated pest
management system within your own environment.
This practical demonstration, laboratory and field-based course will provide you with an understanding of:
- Overview of biopesticide legislation
- Overview of biopesticides
- Introduction to microbial biopesticide
- Isolation and identification of microbial control agents.
- Mass production of biopesticide products.
- Quality assessment (batch variation).
- Identification of target insect pest species.
- Product label and interpretation including handling, storage, transportation of biopesticides.
- Application of biopesticides against major crops and pests in agriculture and horticulture.
- Integration of biopesticides with other crop protection techniques.
BASIS points: 12
NRoSO points: 4